One America Works (OAW) is a non-profit organization focused on expanding the Silicon Valley Growth Playbook to support world-class companies building out operations and creating jobs in highly qualified cities across America. One America Works‘ mission is to bring America together through work and investment.
OAW is building a bridge between Silicon Valley technology companies and the midwestern United States, which offers a deep pool of talent, high quality of life and significant cost advantages. We will create high quality jobs in numerous Midwest cities and add the midwest to the Silicon Valley ‘Growth Playbook’ for companies expanding headcount and opening new offices.
To accomplish these goals, OAW places dedicated representatives in Silicon Valley to promote new locations and walk companies through the process from first contact to placing jobs in cities across America. The OAW representative will identify target companies primed to expand, pitch companies on the regional opportunity, provide customized support, data and access to relevant cities during this process, and ultimately, hand off the company to OAW’s local teams on the ground in these cities once the company is ready to move forward. The representative will also serve as the central node for city supporters and diaspora as we bring together the community. If you know anyone that would be a great addition to our effort, please refer them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Silicon Valley (SF Bay Area) Director of Development
Serve as the dedicated representative in Silicon Valley for One America Works’ representative cities
- Prospect Acquisition—Manage entire pipeline of company prospects from first engagement to jobs on the ground
- Host and attend networking events in Bay Area to spread the development message
- Establish relationships with growth companies and venture investors in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Communicate unique value and advantages of placing jobs in OAW qualified cities
- Identify prospective companies who are seeking expansion and initialize conversations with them
- Maintain prospect pipeline on CRM system, with weekly updates to One America Works team
- Company Support – Support company’s needs throughout the onboarding process and after the firm opens offices
- Act as a concierge for clients throughout the process—answer questions, gather information and present relevant data when necessary
Key Performance Indicators
Presentations, Prospects, Site visits and Jobs created
- 5+ years in account management/sales/business development roles
- Experience in technology related industries
- Personal network in Silicon Valley
- Personal connection to the midwestern United States
- Startup/entrepreneurial experience
- Economic and sales development experience
Significant monthly consulting retainer