Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City
Growth Lives in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City’s tech scene is spread across several neighborhoods with individual startup identities. The nearby ski slopes and plenty of outdoor activities attracts new residents and ensures long-term locals stay to build their careers.
Google Data Center
Facebook Data Center
Top Companies have thousands of employees in Salt Lake
3rd Nationally in High Growth company density
Utah has the youngest population in the US
The US East West
Internet Corridor makes Salt lake City the Internet backbone
“Hottest Startup Hub Today”
Salt Lake City is rightly known as Silicon Slopes with 95+ tech companies more tech degrees per capita than many other cities including well-known tech destinations like Denver and San Francisco.
Total Tech Talent has grown by 42.7% in the last five years
5,300 tech degrees graduates annually
Forbes ranks Salt Lake City as the #1 best city for young professionals
2020 Top State for Entrepreneurs
Salt Lake City’s low cost of living, growing downtown, and abundance of young professionals makes it a stand-out city.
Downtown SLC has increased the # of apartment units by 80% since 2000
Cost of doing business is 6% below the national avg1
Average downtown apartment rent is $1,129 per month1
A “Hottest Startup Hub”
:Quality of Life
The Best of Each Season
—Visit Salt Lake
Salt Lake City’s central geography distinguishes it as the Crossroads of the West.
See full list at flightsfrom.com/SLC
Nonstop flights to 104 destinations in
Salt Lake City’s Delta Hub has direct 90 minute flights to Silicon Valley
Salt Lake sits at the crux of 10 major internet suppliers delivering high-speed services
- Utah is proud to be home to companies like SoFi, MX Technologies, Lendio, HealthEquity, Womply, & many others.
- Utah is an emerging hub for innovative FinTech companies
- Utah is home to companies like Amer Sports, Black Diamond, Cotopaxi, Easton, Icon Health and Fitness, Lifetime Products and more than 200 others.
- Utah is one of the top states in the nation for life science employment with an employee base of over 42,000 people.
- Known as the national center of Industrial Banking, it is also one of the top states in the nation for Financial Services employment with an employee base of over 84,000
- Utah is home to companies like Boeing, Northrop Grumman, L3 Harris, Parker Hannifin, Hexcel, & many others.
- One of the top states for aerospace and defense with an employment base of more than 32,000 people.
:Growing companies choose Salt Lake City
Salt Lake’s economy is built on a diverse mix of industries and strategic focus. Recent investment in the region includes:
1 2020 Scoring Tech Talent, cbre.us; 2 C2ER, coli.org; 3 Cushman and Wakefield Salt Lake City Office MarketBeat Report Q1 2020; 4 Cushman and Wakefield Salt Lake City Industrial MarketBeat Report Q1 2020; 5 Zillow.com; 6 Statisticalatlas.com; 7 FRED Economic Data, fred.stlouisfed.org; 8 MWCN, mwcn.org; 9 flightsfrom.com/SLC; 10 Cushman and Wakefiled; 11 Forbes, forbes.com;